The World Economic Forum just took place in Davos, Switzerland. The interviews are always outside with the hosts in beautiful coats in front of rolling snow-covered hills. You may just want to see an interview for the background.
Top leaders, government officials and CEOs met in Europe for this incredibly important convention to discuss world economics. We deserve and should know at least the highlights. Fortunately, female rights and gender equality appeared to take front stage.
- Women were present at this forum and had their own panel in which they discussed gender equality and the importance of education. There are talks of a female investment fund for female entrepeneurs.
- Malala Yousafzai emphasized the importance of teaching boys to respect and value women. “We have to teach young boys how to be men.”
- Jack Ma, the founder of AliBaba, spoke about the influence of artificial intelligence.”Artificial intelligence, big data is a threat to human beings. I think AI should support human beings. Technology should always do something that enables people, not disable people.”The computer will always be smarter than you are; they never forget, they never get angry. But computers can never be as wise a man. The AI and robots are going to kill a lot of jobs, because in the future it’ll be done by machines. Service industries offer hope – but they must be done uniquely.”
- Social media was ousted for being involved with child abuse and terrorism.
- The leader of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is worried about Trump’s new tax law. With such drastic cuts in corporate taxes, the US will need to borrow more money which in turn will increase interest rates (not good for us consumers). With increased interest rates, the stock market may fall.
- Trump stands alone in withdrawing from the climate change curriculum. Other countries leaders including India’s PM Narendra Modi discussed climate change to be one of the top three threats.
Any other topics that you found were discussed and not seen here? Let me know!